BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, February 27, 2010

I Got My Groove Back.

 Groove back.

           
            Lately I was a bit off balance with all the stress and all the pressure of the life I chose to tread. I have the tendency to either overthink or neglect the things I do. Both are signs that I need a good time-out.

            I really don’t know the solution for this irregular brain of mine but it seems they all appear in random episodes that end randomly as well. I’m just glad I got my Groove back hence the creation of a new blog post after a looooong time.


I was able to watch “The Invention of Lying” recently and I have to say it was a pretty good thought out movie. The plot was well planned and developed. The only negative aspect of the movie is that it has a very fast transitioned intro and a very slow conclusion added to that is the left aside loose ends of the story.

The following paragraph may contain spoilers skip if necessary read at your own risk. (It’s not much of a review anyway just a point here and there and everywhere.)

It talks about (name) who lives in a weird world where the word “LIE” does not exist hence everyone tells the truth whether they like it or not they have no choice. He actually works in a movie production company which creates movies via story-telling or as they term it “READING”. They simply read the history and people get entertained. (What a boring life) He was assigned to a very boring century in human history and the only material available for him was the story about the black plague. (blah blah blah) then he was fired and left to rot in the world with nothing because he cant write anything interesting to read.(weird). He went to the bank to withdraw his last 300 dollars but the tellers tell him that their machine is malfunctioning and is currently offline, and asked him how much money does he want to get in order to close his account, and that is when it hits him… “HE TOLD THE TELLER SOMETHING THAT WASN’T” and said 800 dollars and the teller assumed that it’s their machine’s fault and happily gave him the money.

And the rest of the movie is something you should all watch. It was a pretty interesting and funny movie with all the quirky punchlines and out-of-the-blue situations that makes you think and ask…

“Would the world really be better when everyone tells the truth?”


Have you watched the movie as well? ^^
Comments are appreciated!

6 reinked:

N. said...

ay. i havent heard of the movie but base from your spoiler, i think it's good.

“Would the world really be better when everyone tells the truth?”


maybe.

BoyKidlat said...

A good lie here and there aint that bad either...according to the movie that is. ^^

Tiff k said...

I've watched that already!! haha Also had the same sentiments, could have been better... i mean it lacked something!

And it was weird though, how the movie will make you think "Hey, lying is actually good for the world and telling the truth all the time is bad!"

Well that's the message I get. I think it's okay to lie if it will benefit for the good of both concerned parties. I'm not sure, it's a moral dilemma, GACK

- tiff k

BoyKidlat said...

@tiff K

it was a bit hard to swallow and all but I think the movie is right in some way but wrong the other way as well.

you can always tell and know the truth but you are not required to blurt it out all the time.

choosing to be silent is not lying.

JEANU said...

waaa cant relate with this topic. i wanna watch this XDD

Pastafairy said...

Cool question. "Would the world really be better when everyone tells the truth?"

Makes me think!

-chiui @ chiburger.com pala to~